“My books that I¬†prize above my dukedom¬†…”
il Funaro’s library is specialy equipped with texts from the contemporary and modern theatre of the 20th Century until today. ¬†It is possible to find plays by great authors, training for the stage and teaching courses, catalogues, critical work, as well as audiovisual / documentary films and other research material.
- Information and guidance
- Consultation of the library’s catalog
- Internet access
- Free access to the shelves
- Book lending
- Reading and consultation
- Reading Groups
- Animation and puppetry for children
- Raccontamerende (reading for children in the Caffetteria)
- Great masters of the 20th Century
- Contemporary and modern plays
- Theatre research
- Teaching and training
- History of the theatre and Entertainment
- Sensory Research
- Plays on dramaturgy and insights
- Theatre space
- Costumes, lights, scenery
- DVD and CD
Il Funaro’s Library belongs to the Archive Library Circuit of the Province of Pistoia.
THE ANDRES NEUMANN LEGACY
Il Funaro’s Library hosts the ANDRES NEUMANN LEGACY. The LEGACY includes all of the professional documents (correspondance, texts, files, programs, catalogues, etc) from the archive of the International Agent and Independant Producer for the Performing Arts Andres Neumann.
The LEGACY is complete of Andres Neumann’s collection of texts and audiovisual material from 1972 until today. It is the wish of Andres Neumann to open his archive during his lifetime.
The Andres Neumann Legacy includes:
- Correspondance and professional documents from 1972 until today. These documents include: press, photos, projects, files of companies, contracts, letters, related to the production and touring of the performing arts worldwide. Artists include Tadeusz Kantor, Peter Brook, Robert Wilson, Andrzej Wajda, Bread and Puppet, Living theatre, Meredith Monk, Pina Bausch, Dario Fo, Marcello Mastroianni, Vittorio Gasmann, Enrique Vargas among many other important twentieth century artists.
- A full collection of theatrical books, catalogues and concert programs.
- A full collection of VHS, DVD’s, Betacam’s of major theatrical events.
- A collection of posters and other publicity material for the Performing Arts.
Monday to Friday from 10.00 to 13.00 and from 16.00 to 19.00
closed on Tuesday afternoon.
Special openings can be arranged by request.
Manager: Massimiliano Barbini firstname.lastname@example.org
tel. 0573 977225